- Your orientation will last 2 days.
- HOW DO I GET TO ORIENTATION?
- Our first option is to book you a rental car. If that's not feasible, we’ll book a flight. Bus and train are always the last option.
- WHERE DOES ORIENTATION TAKE PLACE?
- Orientation takes place at our corporate office in Westmont, IL.
- ARE MY HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS COVERED BY C1 TRANSPORTATION?
- Yes. We cover the cost of your hotel room for two nights.
- WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO ORIENTATION?
- Remember to bring: a valid Class A CDL, valid medical card, voided check, enough clothing and gear for at least one week on the road, including steel toe boots. If you are running under a business or LLC, we’ll also need a copy of your FEIN and Articles of Incorporation.
Driver Safety Reminders:
- Never Move Unsecured: Don’t move an unsecured load even a foot. It’s okay to refuse if a shipper asks you to move from the loading area before you’ve secured your load.
- Chains or Straps: A minimum of one chain or strap is required for each 10,000 pounds, but you can add more to increase safety. Check FMCSA guidelines for your state.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Never begin your journey without your hard hat, vest, safety glasses and other protective equipment.
- Maintain Tools: Care for your tools as you use them to save headaches down the road. Grease ratchet binders with Lucas Oil or WD-40, clean your tarps, and put away chains carefully to avoid tangles.
- Prevent Falls at Tarping: Be careful when laying out and securing your tarps. Use a strap pusher to adjust edge protection from the ground. Use a tarping station or machine whenever it’s available.
- First-Hour Check: Inspect your load again an hour into your drive to check for settling or a load that’s become loose.